Author
Topic: Maybe your Mom will take an interest too  (Read 7509 times)
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 01:10:58 pm »

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the many well wishes/wishers that took the time to offer condolences in my time of grief.

Along with the posts here,I received many private messages,this community is a group of caring,compassionate,individuals.

The advice given was not in vain-although my interest in the hobby has waned some what,I have held off disposing of my collection to this point.

Mom had a small collection she was very proud of,which I'm donating to a few members here,they will pass them on to new collectors.She'd have wanted that,and would have been proud to see young ones taking an interest in this hobby because of her modest collection.

Just an fyi-Mom battled lung cancer 4 years,at her memorial honoring her life,cancer patient after cancer patient stood up and gave testimony to how she did their laundry,took them shopping,paid there bills,took them on outtings,all while suffering without one word of complaint.Some had passed on,and relatives all stated Mom did the same for their loved ones with out a discouraging word,even though the pain was so great she had higher and higher dosages of morphine.
I'm proud to be called her son

Again,thank you for your encouragement,advice,and most of all,your compassion.

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 07:36:36 pm »

at her memorial honoring her life,cancer patient after cancer patient stood up and gave testimony to how she did their laundry,took them shopping,paid there bills,took them on outtings,all while suffering without one word of complaint

She sounds like a very beautiful spirit Rob... No wonder you are so proud to be her son.  While funerals can be a time of great grief, sadness and pain, ones like your mom's are very uplifting as they're a testimony to human endurance, hope and willpower.  She was truly a wonderful person with a boundless soul who found solace in helping others.   Although her passing is a great loss to you now-- her memory will be a great inspiration for a long time to come.

Login with username, password and session length