Author
Topic: The Demand for Low-Grade Notes  (Read 10619 times)
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 08:56:07 pm »

Jason: Write to the CPMS and inquire about back copies of the journal. I believe many are still available. Buy all you need and are able to....
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 12:26:29 pm »

Staying on the subject for the demand on low graded notes here is an other that recently ended on ebay under item number (200158462364). It is a 1909 Royal Bank $5 (black outline) in what appears to be Good to VG. There are about 11 known examples of this veriety, this perticular note is most likely one of the least attractive of the 11 and still sold for $979.

Overall I would say this one looks 2X better than the Dominion $50 listed above for 2X the price!

Jason

KC's Canadian Currency
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 02:23:50 pm »

Thanks Mark

I ussualy keep track of the notes missing from the Royal Bank register but I had no idea so many new ones had been found in the 1909 series

Do you keep this for yourself or would you be inclined to sharing this?

Jason

KC's Canadian Currency
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 04:38:17 pm »

We can't ask Brent to everything for us, can we?

SURE YOU CAN ;D
But god only knows what his answer will be 8)

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Bob
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 05:05:36 pm »

CPMS plans to reprint all of its published registers (updated) as a separate volume in 2008.  Our good friend BWJM is going to be doing a lot of the work preparing the book for publication.
Some members of this Forum regularly report unlisted finds and this is appreciated so much.  The book will be more complete if other Forum members would contribute as well.  Be prepared to submit a scan or photocopy.  Thanks!  Please email me (newsletter@cpmsonline.ca) if you can help.

Collecting Canadian since 1955
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 07:28:29 pm »

Thank you very much for this information Bob. I had heard some rumors but it's great to be able to associate a date with this project. This published version of the register should be a great asset to collectors seeking an overall rarity of their notes. As well as lure new collectors seeking these statistics. I for one will eagerly be awaiting it's arrival

Jason

KC's Canadian Currency

Login with username, password and session length