Author
Topic: FAKE 50$ ???  (Read 10006 times)
schoqmcloi
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:16:54 pm »

well they say whats look like a duck and quack like a duck is in fact a duck, but something tell me it might be something else...

I found a 50$ journey bill on which we see;
-the hologram on the left changing color and written 50 on it
-the watermark of Mackenzie King is there as well as the small 50 when holding up to the light lined up perfectly
-security strip on the back is changing color with CAN and 50 written on it
-with a UV light the Bank of Canada 50 appear in red and yellow with fibres

but look at the back, no bar code and Serial number CTT0495726 !!! with different font
and where FPN and BPN it's a little scratch and we don't see any numbers.

Hope somebody can help!!!

Serge
schoqmcloi
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:17:55 pm »

Pictures were too bid to get in it, sent an e-mail to Brent hope he can put them up.
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:37:03 pm »

Here are the pic's of the note, very interesting

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:55:01 pm »

Wow this looks like a very nice counterfeit. Maybe we're starting to get counterfeit notes that are similar to the super-counterfeit Euros and US superdollars?  :o (Yet they still can't the serial numbers correct, but I know the font used and it is commercially available)

Is there the raised printing, intaglio?
La Loutre
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 04:54:50 pm »

Never seen such things on a fake... Pretty impressive!
What about the size of the bill?
And at the front-right, are there 5 or 6 lines saying "La tour de la paix - The peace tower"?
Are the signatures a little darker than usual?

Just wondering...
schoqmcloi
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:28:01 am »

there's raise printing on Mackinzie jacket and on the maple leaf 50.

The bill is exactly same size, and the 6 lines la tour de paix - tower of peace is there and clear. signature looks the same

Serge
bwho9d
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 12:42:26 am »

:o It is absoutely incredible that counterfeits like these exist.  :o

The serial number and plate numbers gave it away though.

Do you have [or know someone with] a note-processor or bill acceptor? Have you tried putting it through there? If it's counterfeit, it should beep and display something like "NO" or reject the note. Don't attempt this at a bank or retail store. They might confiscate it.
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 09:46:14 am »

Hmm, I have an interesting theory that this note might have been an error note- it missed the serial number printing process (would make sense as the bars are absent too), some idiot got it from the ATM, freaked out and went and printed his own serial number on the bill.
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:19:01 am »

So stupid, they spend all that time perfecting the note, then they go and use prefixes that don't even exist for the denomination and the serial number font is SO wrong too. If they were smart A) If they bought a Carlton CDN paper money book, they could see what prefixes of what denomination exist, B) They should use the same font as the Journey notes. If they can't find them, they could just scan in all the numbers 0-9 and the letters, cut and paste those to use on their fakes. I'm surprised they haven't tried to use the serial number ABC1234567
bwho9d
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 12:59:18 am »

So stupid, they spend all that time perfecting the note, then they go and use prefixes that don't even exist for the denomination and the serial number font is SO wrong too. If they were smart A) If they bought a Carlton CDN paper money book, they could see what prefixes of what denomination exist, B) They should use the same font as the Journey notes. If they can't find them, they could just scan in all the numbers 0-9 and the letters, cut and paste those to use on their fakes. I'm surprised they haven't tried to use the serial number ABC1234567

And I thought I was stupid...
LBIsackson
  • Money is: "Limited Edition Art"
    • LB Isackson Digital Fine Art
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 09:42:07 pm »

The reason they may use an obvious fake serial number is that they will not confuse the real notes they have, with the fake ones.
Also it is an ego boost see that is how good I am… that is my fake.
Who knows what goes on in peoples mind.

Money is: "Limited Edition Art"
The smaller the edition ... the better the art

Login with username, password and session length