Author
Topic: Third Party Grading  (Read 6008 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: January 11, 2008, 09:24:51 pm »

Hi Members

There has been a lot of third party grading services.   I also was at the presentation and have met and talked to Steven Bell . We have heard of good bad and confusion with TPG.  I last year talked about getting a bunch of forum members to give a grade of some notes for an "acceptable standard"

This is my theory. 
1. notes will be provided by me and will consist of :

2  journey $5 bill,
one 1973 $1 bill
one 1954  $2 bill

2.the chosen member will grade the note with certain questions to be answered.  This  sheets will be sent to the member by me and must be emailed back to me with the info complete.  The information will be kept privately  and once all complete, it will calculated and I will come up with a  happy medium. 

3. The members who are chosen will have to give a oath of secrecy and honesty.  this is what I believe is fair and humble approach to this TPG question.

4.  Members who agree with this test must pay for the shipping to the next person. 
The packaging will be done a certain way to maintain the integrity.

5.  This will be graded in  3 different areas across  canada.  Down East.  Central Ontario,  Out west.  possibly  other areas  of my choice.

There will be a cost to the forum member who volunteers for this.    If we have  4 notes evaluated the cost should be $40 plus taxes.  Approx $45 .  That would mean about $4.50 per member if there were 10 people.   Those notes will be graded by BCS the newest certification  grading party.

Why am I doing this?. 

Standard grading across canada.  I do not want to give too much information on this and everything will be released after the test is done.

To everyone who knows me,  I believe I have a unbiased opinion on the TPG system and have built up some integrity to fellow forum members to give honest feedback.

Email me at polar888ca@yahoo.ca.  I will choose only 10 people.

I will choose people who are a mixed grouping.  If you are not chosen.  I apologize because I am trying to get a broad forum community.

If this works out right,  the information will be  posted for everyone to see. 

I respect your opinions.

Cheers

Polarbear

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:30:52 pm by polarbear »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:36:52 pm »

Why am I doing this?.

SO YOU GET YOUR 4 NOTES GRADED FOR FREE ;D

Sent you a PM
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:43:45 pm »

The point was not to get my notes graded for free.  I would be more then happy to let someone else  put the money up for evaluation.  I live in the city where BCS is located.  These will just be common notes.  As a forum member, I thought that if we could get a common grading across Canada, we could test this TPG system  nailed down. 

All thoughts and concerns appreciated.

Cheers

Polarbear

harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 09:22:31 am »

Is this a test or a promotion.

HarWil4u2
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:33:30 am »