Author
Topic: How rare or common are these SNR's AOM,AOP,AOR?  (Read 4776 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »

I was just wondering if any members can shed some light on this question!
Since most of the finds apparently go directly to Gilles and are not always posted on the forum, how is a person able to find out the rarity or availability of certain notes.  There is no area on this forum, or other source that I am aware of that allows collectors any indication as to how many of these notes have been found.
I have seen an AOP (Circulated) on Ebay, an UNC AOM and one circulated on Ebay, yet nor AOR's.  I believe that an AOR and AOM was offered for sale by two different forum members, but have no idea if they have sold!.  I realize that some people prefer that there names not be connected to certain notes and that is understandable, yet I feel that if Gilles confirms a range why can we not atleast be informed as to how many notes where found to make that confirmation.
I think in doing this one may start to be able to realize if certain notes are worth going after or not, and how hard they may be to obtain.
I would be interested to hear anyone elses comments or thoughts on this....since I can't believe that others haven't asked the same question to themselves.
Thanks.
 Any input is appreciated
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:08 pm »

It would be a nice ideal to get some kind of handle on the population of notes found since the biggest factor determining the value of any given collectible note more than the size of the range determined. A given note may be selling for an extraordinary price even when it was determined to come from say a 120K sized range may sound mediocre but say only 26 where actually found and reported would justify the price. Therefore in that way size of the range is not the primary factor, but the small supplies is, or demand much higher in proportion depending how fuzzy your glass of water is.

For example, GP could provide us with not just simply the new confirmed ranges but also those ranges based on counts since he gets all the reports anyways.

“ABC range 9.720M – 9.760M is expanded to 9.720M – 9.80M due to six additional finds to the original twenty finds in this range.”

Living in an imperfect world mon,  8) PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
abyss
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 06:39:24 pm »

Being very new to this site I have been offered some of the same notes from different members and the prices have varied tremendously. As a matter of fact on a BTG sheet replacement there is a difference of $60 (all say they are in unc condition)  I have read about the above notes and would be interested in getting them but truly how does one know what a FAIR price is???.  I think some type of population report on these and other snr notes would be a benefit to all collectors not only the NEWBIES like myself.
ABYSS
abyss
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:36:52 am »

A number of members have sent me their list of items for sale and I appreciate that very much.  I have purchased a few items and cannot wait until I get them. It seems that the newer stuff is definitely easier to come by and not out of my range ...money wise. I have only received one reply from a member that was selling an AOM but I personally thought the price of 1200.00 was outrageous.  (I'm I wrong when I think that?). They also had an AOR, but again wanted $700.00 for it.  I cannot believe that these notes can be that difficult to obtain.
From looking back at post and emailing other members I can see taht some of the notes like FEP, BEU, BEL, and BER(to be determined) are very difficult finds, but is that going to be the trend with tougher notes.
Hard to buy something without knowing just how many are actually available in great condition...I guess only time will tell....but it is obvious I missed the boat on any of these items..
Once again thanks everyone who replied, a great way to get to know other members and see what they collect.
Oh yeah, can anyone send me the most current replacement list please. THANKS

ABYSS
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:44:46 am »

Oh yeah, can anyone send me the most current replacement list please. THANKS

The last list I sent you is still the most current one available with a few exceptions that have been added since then...I am hoping Arthurs new list will be coming out shortly.

As for your comments re AOM and AOR .....personally I think those prices you were quoted are very out of line, but that is only my opinion.
Always shop around and know who you are dealing with before making any major purchases...I'm sure some notes have great future potential...but I think you have to draw the line on what future potential is worth.

In time you will find those members who are in in for the hobby and those in it for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  But hey, that is life.

Congratulations on your purchases and hope you enjoy them.

FRIEDSQUID

Newfie Nightmare
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Forum Moderators
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:52:36 am »

ebay item#170164999133 - AOR2640897, This note was circulated, probably in VF condition, sold for $25.00

ebay item#170165001057 - AOM0483431, also circulated, probably in VF condition, sold for $25.00

I also sold AOP7075337, (can't find the item#, it was too long ago), was probably in EF condition, with a slight dirt mark on one side, it sold for somewhere between $100.00 and $110.00.

hope this helps
50monarch
  • Every note gets me one step closer to Cayman
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 07:14:51 pm »

Now who was the bonehead that paid that much for a circulated AOM and AOR?  Oh yeah...it was me. ;D
I haven't seen any in UNC condition.  Glad I have these ones.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:16:17 pm »

Now who was the bonehead that paid that much for a circulated AOM and AOR?  Oh yeah...it was me.
I haven't seen any in UNC condition.  Glad I have these ones.

Hey I bid on them too but had to leave town and couldn't outbid you  ;D

Login with username, password and session length