Author
Topic: PAPER MONEY STORIES  (Read 4050 times)
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:48:19 pm »

HAVE ANY GOOD STORIES ABOUT PAPER MONEY. LIKE HAVE YO EVER BEEN CLOSE TO FINDING A RADAR IN THE ATM, OR HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MILLION NUMBER NOTE OR LOW SERIAL NUMBERED BILL IN YOUR CHANGE?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:53:45 pm by 1971HemiCuda »

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:47 pm »

Ask and it will be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and thy door be opened to ye.

The Mysterious, the Unbelievable and the Incredible (or the totally made-up);
Phil and the Brick Searcher Chronicles

The names will have been changed to protect the irreparably embarrassed

Example one;  
One really cold day in Toronto, I got so excited about Brick searching that when I came into the bank I forgot to take my ski mask off and anxiously asked for my $10,000 in brand new bills. This really didn't happen to me but could have if I where living East this past winter.

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:25 pm »

Phil glanced over to the next teller as she handed the old woman an entire brick of bills.
“What are using all that money for?” Asked Phil.
The old woman smiled, “It’s for my grandson. He enjoys playing with money so I get him some nice clean new bills to play with so he doesn’t have to play with the dirty ones.”
“But pardon me for asking…” Phil’s voice softened to almost a whisper, “May I search your Bricks?”
There was brief silence, suddenly her smile was gone, and at the top of her lungs she screamed “You pervert!” The large Italian leather bag felt as if it had a large brick in it as it smashed into his face….

The Brick Searcher Chronicles

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:32:41 pm »

I got a fresh brick of $50.00 notes and when I opened it up I knew I had hit the jackpot.  The 9000000 note.
I was so excited that I pulled it out and brought the rest back to the bank so I would only be out a days interest.....
Thank god that when I posted it on the forum a member said "congrats a nice find ...you got the

9000000  million note and the
9000006  rotator and the
9000009 radar

I couldn't believe that I brought them back to the bank without even thinking.
Luckily I called the bank and they said they would hold it until I got there.

THANKS MON

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:54:37 pm »

The following could be rated at least PG13 so ask Mum and Dad for permission

Her voice was gentle but sultry, “Now that’s better, it’s not too tight there was it?”
I could smell her sweet perfume fill my nostrils long before I felt her soft hands gently working the knot off his blindfold leaving his eyes to adjust to the sudden bright light. The room itself was dark with an ornate tiffany lamp hanging over what appeared to be a pool table with items concealed under several towels. They were just outside my reach as he could feel his unbound hands regained their color and feeling.
As she stepped around Phil and gazed for the first time his adversary. She wore a formal elegant long black sling-back evening dress that slit high up to her hip reveal only a small part of a larger exquisite tattoo, the diamond studded choker glistened from the light from above, her dark long hair cascading down framing her soft featured face. Her bright red lips smiled, “Please stand; you’ll need to get some circulation into your legs for being bound up for so long.”
“Thanks, so why am I here?”
“My name is Evantha, please call me Eve, I am Senior Chief Cashier and representative for a well known financial organization and my associates wish to give you a little job and a simple choice.”
“Now you give me a choice, I would have come if you just asked.”
“We wanted to be sure, we apologize.” purred Eve as she leaned closer to straighten my crumpled shirt collar. She tilted her head to the left then the right to make sure the collars were just right. The diamond studded earrings dangled and sparkled through her hair like blazing stars against a jet black sky. Another whiff of the sweet perfume made its way into my nostrils.
She sat on the edge of the table as her eyes sparkled, she crossed her legs this time the tattoo revealed more of its sensuously erotic nature but my eyes shifted to the unknown items on the table.
The first object on the table appears to have the shape and dimensions of something familiar. His instincts perked. Under another towel seemed to be objects of the same thing only stacked upon one another. Just as my guess to what the objects were materialized she had stripped the towel off the object. A brick of $5 dollar bills, One thousand perfectly new legal tender banknotes with the prefix clearly visible through the factory wrap. AON 7654000 instantly my mind raced foreseeing two ladders, with the possibility of rare AOM SNRs. Under another towel revealed another brick. It was an older one with the prefix AOA 8888000; Single D Radar and a host of binaries. Another towel cast off, HPA 754900 last brick of the series; possible HPA 5.960 SNR. There they were brick by brick, fives, tens, twenties, fifties and hundreds including a few 1954 bricks with the original old brown paper wrap partly torn away revealing the distinctive Coyne Towers signatures. Devil faces for sure. Finally a box of Mylar-D sleeves, magnifying glass, white cotton gloves and a Laptop computer. 
“Where did you get this kind of cash?”  Phil shuddered in wonder.
Eve ran her fingers slowly through one side of her hair and gently cast it over her bare shoulder.  “I like a man that knows his money I think we have the right person for the job. What we have here is just an initial offering. The choice today is this…You can examine this cash and keep what you find or….” A devilish smile adorned her luscious lips her voice slowed to make her intention very clear, “…or would you like to have me in THE date of your life for the week?” She cast a mischievous wink, “Either way I’ll even count the money for you.”
“There’s more?”
“Play your cards right and we can even get you a very senior position of the BAI or the CBN too, we have many connections inside the Ministry itself.”
No moral dilemma here. "I want to examine the notes please!"

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 07:13:47 am »

The following could be rated at least PG13 so ask Mum and Dad for permission

LMAO - That's gotta be one of the best posts I've read in a long time. Thanks, PD! :)

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length