Author
Topic: Start destroying those fives ...if you want Carney notes any sooner  (Read 5537 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Just received this email,
This is in response to your email requesting information on the signatures of Governor Mark Carney.

All bank notes issued by the Bank of Canada bear the signatures of the Governor and Deputy Governor who are in office at the time the notes are printed. So when the people in these positions change, so do the signatures. However, new notes are not necessarily printed as soon as a new Governor or Deputy Governor is appointed. The Bank has to first deplete its stock of existing notes before it prints new ones. Therefore, it may take some time before bank notes with new signatures are put in circulation, depending on demand and existing stock.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you for your interest in Canadian currency.

Regards,

Secure paper money: It's in your hands!

Joanne Smith | Bank of Canada | 234 Wellington Street | Ottawa ON K1A 0G9

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
  • Money Doesn't Grow On Trees But is Made From Them?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:46:16 pm »

I'm willing to accept every ones five dollar bills free of charge, so you can replace them and use the stock fives up quicker.  Yes free of charge!!   ;D ;D lol  ;D ;D

Jeff

Always looking for more Rotator Notes!!!
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:29:53 pm »

I'm willing to accept every ones five dollar bills free of charge, so you can replace them and use the stock fives up quicker.  Yes free of charge!!   ;D ;D lol  ;D ;D

Jeff
I will send you mine @$6.99 S&H ;D

FogDevil
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:43:23 pm »

Actually, they may be near the point of having depleted the current stock of "Printed in 2006" $5s.  APL may most likely be a possible changeover prefix, but then again there are still many APKs that have yet to be distributed (according to the Wiki lists, the current high for APK is still in the 1.8 Million range).  Once that is done, they will probably print the new stock with the Carney signatures and ship them to banks across the country.

I certainly hope they don't release them just after Christmas - or it will likely be April or May 2009 before they see the light of day in some Canadian provinces. :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:45:43 pm by FogDevil »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 01:53:12 pm »

Actually, they may be near the point of having depleted the current stock of "Printed in 2006" $5s.  APL may most likely be a possible changeover prefix, but then again there are still many APKs that have yet to be distributed (according to the Wiki lists, the current high for APK is still in the 1.8 Million range).  Once that is done, they will probably print the new stock with the Carney signatures and ship them to banks across the country.

I certainly hope they don't release them just after Christmas - or it will likely be April or May 2009 before they see the light of day in some Canadian provinces. :(

As of the moment bricks searchers are still getting APK and APL bricks, but more than ever the previous prefixes like AOZ are seeming to appear in abundance.

FogDevil
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 04:14:52 pm »

Are the APKs above 2 million?  Just curious.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 04:22:31 pm »

Are the APKs above 2 million?  Just curious.

All under 2 mil that I have seen so far

Login with username, password and session length