Author
Topic: We are in APL in the Journey $5 notes..has anyone found 2008 yet?  (Read 7534 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Just wondering if anyone has found any 2008 printed notes yet?

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 09:33:06 am »

Is  bts  so  far  the  last  10  dollar  prefix  seen  so  far?   cheers   Polarbear
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 09:39:03 am »

Is  bts  so  far  the  last  10  dollar  prefix  seen  so  far?   cheers   Polarbear

It is the last prefix that I have seen....

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
FogDevil
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:42:31 am »

The summer vacation period, depending on where you live, does go through dry spells of shopping (though not as intense as the January-March "doldrums") - because people do take advantage of the nice weather those days.

There are more BTS's being reported as of lately, slowly but surely (the new high is somewhere in 2 Million, I believe).  But trust me, with Back-To-School shopping now underway in many provinces, we will most likely see more of APL or even APM (or, even better, "Printed in 2008" prefixes with new signatures) in the coming weeks.

If I remember correctly, APC, APD, and APE were all reported at around the same time around this time last year (I believe intense Back to School sales might have been to blame), so I have a feeling there's going to be more activity in $5's in the coming days or weeks - with Halloween and eventually Christmas coming much sooner than anyone can realize.

EDIT:  Just checked the $5 H/L section, and an APL has just been reported in the 9 million range - and still printed in 2006, sadly.  I have a feeling the changeover will be at APM or something.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:46:03 am by FogDevil »
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 11:52:25 am »

Darn, APL printed 2006 in the 9 Million range. The changeover may be in APM though it could also changeover right at the beginning of the next prefix; APM, APN, etc. Only time will tell.
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:24:05 am »

When I saw the post about the 9-million numbered APL note, that made me just want to say... uh... that certain expletive.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 07:34:24 pm »

I have a bunch of APM notes starting from 0344000 2006 Issue.

APL's show up as the inserts for the APM bundles.

Newfie Nightmare
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Forum Moderators
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:34:44 am »

You should add this to the high/low list, as this is the highest 2006 recorded so far
FogDevil
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:05:50 am »

The "Printed in 2008" $5s have only been reported for a few weeks now, and apparently there are still a number of 2006 print year notes yet to see light in my region.  I believe I may have seen APE in almost crisp condition recently, though it was recycled.  And I thought I saw someone in a local store pay for a purchase with a crisp APJ at some point recently.

Yep, the way things are going, I may not be seeing any crisp $5s with the new signatures surface in my region until March or April 2009.  And the 2008 print year will probably be at APS or APT somewhere in Canada by the time the new signatures finally see light in my region.  I can see why there is a bit of a significant delay in the new print year notes coming to my region since the first of the new print years are seen in Canada.  It sucks, but it's not surprising.  It's almost like it's the "norms" nowadays.  Usually whatever prefix is the first new one to hit my region, it's usually one that's reported to the highs/lows around Christmas. :'(

But wouldn't it be cool to see APR hit my region next April?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:10:37 am by FogDevil »
FogDevil
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 07:07:13 pm »

Just realized something here...

When the Jenkins/Dodge notes made their debut in 2004, it didn't take long before they would appear in my region.  By that time, pretty much all of the Knight/Dodge signature $5s and $10s were distributed throughout Canada.  No more K/D notes were seen in crisp form since the J/D notes made it's debut in Canada.

Most likely, by the time the J/C $5s and $50s were first seen in Canada, pretty much all of the J/D notes of those denominations (if there were a few $5s remaining of the J/D batch, they were probably the last of the APL's).  It's possible that Mr. Carney may have preferred his signatures to gain awareness throughout Canada within weeks (depends on if select banks have a need for new $5 notes).  New notes of those denominations with the J/D signature may be deemed redundant now that Mr. Carney has took the Governor's helm.  It's also likely that he may be allowing leeway of a few weeks to disperse the very small amount of remaining J/D notes, then the J/D notes would possibly have to be pulled as they would be considered redundant nowadays.

It's possible that, now that Christmas is fast approaching, the J/C signature notes will most likely be available across the country (from the Atlantic to the Pacific) within the next couple of months.  And I have a feeling there will be one new prefix with the J/C signature seen in my region in time for the Christmas rush.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:09:38 pm by FogDevil »
FogDevil
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

Well, I went to my local Scotiabank branch this past Friday, and I did not receive any crisp $5 bills (the teller who served me informed me that the branch hadn't received any crisp $5s in quite some time).  But the good news (sort of) is, I did receive a $5 bill with the new signatures (prefix APP, to be exact).  It was recycled, but it's quite possible that the new signature $5 notes may be circulating in my region now (maybe someone got it from another bank branch, got it in his/her change, and saw its way into my neighbourhood branch, perhaps?).

I will be going to a CIBC branch this Saturday morning (weather permitting), and if I do happen to get any more APP's and they are within that same range, then I will declare the Jenkins/Carney signatures on our $5s to have arrived.

Also, a bit off-topic, but I will tell you I paid for Christmas gifts with a $100 bill this afternoon, and I only received $50 in my change - rare as it seems, I received a $50 bill, and with the new signatures also (FMK was the prefix)!  I would have expected to receive two $20s and $10 in whatever form (due to efficient counting and anti-robbery reasons), but that tells you the cashier wasn't acting like Scrooge today!

Login with username, password and session length