Author
Topic: found APN 9700000  (Read 4248 times)
gottocollect
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:08:18 pm »

Hi, I found a brick of APN in Oshawa with the new signature of Jenkins and Carney.  I was wondering does anyone knows if this is the changeover signature series??    :D  In addition, I have checked APM still have the old signatures of Jenkins and Dodge.  Therefore, APN is the new series in signature.  I have checked the 2009 Charlton Categ but there is no info on signature changeover in APN.   
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:55:54 pm by gottocollect »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 05:06:02 pm »

Hi, I found a brick of APN in Oshawa with the new signature of Jenkins and Carney.  I was wondering does anyone knows if this is the changeover signature series??    :D
So far no APM notes have been found with the new signature only APN's
Time will tell ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
FogDevil
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:26:03 am »

The highest APM spotted in Canada is still a reasonably low number, so I have a hunch APM may very well be a changeover prefix.  It's highly unlikely APN will be a changeover - unless a similar scenario to that of $10 FEE's printed in 2001 prevailed.

I haven't been going to banks much lately in pursuit of new prefixes (the last time I went to a bank for new prefixes was on September 30).  I plan to go to a CIBC branch this coming Saturday, so I'll see what comes out of it.  Since APP was just reported recently, I wouldn't put my money on any of the J/C notes seeing light in my region until APS or APT is reported to the forum.  It took about 4 prefixes of the J/D notes (HNN, HNP, HNR, and HNU respectively) before I saw the first of the J/D $5 notes surface in my region - the first J/D prefix to appear where I live was HNR.

Give it until APS or so, we may finally get exposure to the J/C notes in time for the Christmas rush.  If not, at least we may get to see APL, and we may be a step in the right direction.  If there happens to be 4 prefixes reported to the forum, we will probably see the prefix that was reported just before the most recent at that time.  Say if APN, APP, APR, and APS have been reported so far later on.  If APS is the most recently reported prefix by that time, chances are that the second last prefix (which in this case would be APR) will likely be the first J/C prefix for the $5s if they come to my region.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:34:41 am by FogDevil »

Login with username, password and session length