Author
Topic: Suggestion to admins  (Read 4794 times)
EyeTradeMoney
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:26:42 pm »

We should have an auction function on this forum. And we should market this forum more to bring in more people. We all know how eBay's policies and excess fees have led to disputes, well not here.

Let's say I have a rare note and I'm not sure how about the book value it could sell for, I'd like to put it up for auction and give it to the highest bidder, rather than just settle for $1 more than what I paid for it.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:33:18 pm »

There are a variety of legal issues involved with setting up an auction site, and that is not something that we are interested in getting involved with.

The scope of the Trading Post is to merely provide a place where buyers and sellers can meet and arrange their own private transactions. The CPMF does not hold any responsibility for those transactions, and the forum does not participate in any transactions. This will not be changing in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:34:29 pm »

We already have a Trading Post. This can be used in the same manner as ebay, but it is a little more work on the side of the seller...

Put your note up for sale and post what the current bid is. Tell people you are taking bids until whenever.

Just remember to keep updating so your auction doesn't get lost among the other auctions.

Scott
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:50:00 pm »

I agree with Brent on this one. The trading post is a great way to buy and sell notes and it is more personal. In time people know who they can trust and know that they will be getting what they were told they were getting and if not I'm sure it is always easier to deal with members directly than an unknown entity that is here one day and gone the next.
I have sold and purchased notes on the trading post and will continue to do so in the future.
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length