Author
Topic: Is there an informal gathering of CPMS members at the Kitchener coin show?  (Read 5657 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

I did not yet receive my newsletter yet, but I heard that there was a CPMS gathering during one of the days of the show in Kitchener this April? What day would this be? any info appreciated.
Thx in advance

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member

Yes. The CPMS is having a Casual Meeting at the ONA Convention on Saturday April 25 from 9am-11am in the Ontario Salon Room B.

This was published in the newsletter. Please note that a minor error was found in the printed newsletter. The version available online (and my statement above) contains correct information.

Further, this is not specific to the CPMS, but Elwoodbluesca is planning a social dinner in the evening of Saturday April 25 for any forum members, CPMS members and friends who would like to tag along. Details have yet to be confirmed, but I'm anticipating a local restaurant that has something for everyone. Please see this thread for more information.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:10:21 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!

Hi Members

yahoo.  I hear we have sous chef Brent  creating delectable  samplings for  for the cpms forum members. 

I do have to say I have had the pleasure of having sampled some of his creations and must say it is very good. 

If I have to say something about papermoney to keep this  on.  Brent had a great error note that I saw recently.

Boy oh Boy.  I can't wait for the ONA show in Kitchener.  It looks to be a fun time.

cheers
Polarbear

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Brent had a great error note that I saw recently.

so what did you have to do to get a private showing ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member

so what did you have to do to get a private showing ;D

Don't ask.

Anyway, just to dispel any myths that polarbear is propagating, the planned dinner does NOT involve me cooking, and it is at a local restaurant, so have no fear. (If Elwoodbluescs picks the restaurant that was suggested to him, I will say straight away that it is a very good restaurant, has something for everyone, and is reasonably priced).

@ polarbear: PS: Did you see the two notes I picked up last night? They're really something! (But you have to see them in person - they're not going up on the forums or even my public website). ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:46:04 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member

I know you all have a picture of me in your wallet, so make sure to bring it out at the dinner.  I will be in Edmonton, but with you in Spirit.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!

Ya i saw the note and yes it is "OK"..  Nothing real special and since i have to be nice on the forum i will just say ........lucky duck, clerk, kerplunk.  You'll have to figure out what I am saying. 

All fun and games aside, they are nice and i was quite impressed.

cheers

Polarbear

Login with username, password and session length