Author
Topic: Who owns the replacement range info?  (Read 4274 times)
JohnnyG5
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:32:18 am »

Hi All:

I'm in the process of writing an iPhone/iPod Touch application that lets you manage notes that you are looking for. I think the price might be a wallet empting ninety-nine cents - I'm hoping for millions of downloads!  ;D

Anyway, I thought that I'd pre-populate the database with the un-identifiable (notes that don't have an X as the third character of the prefix) insert ranges, Birds and Journey series.

Who owns this information so that I can ask permission to use the info in my application?

Also, is there a contact at Charlton to ask permission to use the Charlton catalog numbers? Anyone have an email address?

When I get a few more things put together I'll post some screenshots for your constructive criticisms.

If you can answer either of these questions drop me an email at john_cebasek at sympatico dot ca. (I'm trying to reduce the amount of spam I'm getting, replace at with an at symbol and dot with a period).

Thanks

John

Paper Money is Art!
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:58:08 pm »

I would suggest contacting the publisher of the Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money. You can find their website (and contact info) at www.charltonpress.com.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length