Author
Topic: One in a thousand chance  (Read 3765 times)
pbcoins
« on: October 06, 2004, 06:53:50 pm »

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the Journey Notes section or the $20 section...

Got my first new $20 note today, and it's a doozie...

I asked for new twenties at the bank today, and of course the teller starts picking through piles of used notes.  I asked if they had any brand new ones.  The teller at the next wicket hands me the note below.  It looked Unc, so I accepted it, never looking at the serial number because I was after condition.  I look at it in the car and that's when I got a nice surprise...

Steve11
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 10:27:54 pm »

Nice note; and even nicer "find"... dontcha just love it when that happens...
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 11:28:18 pm »

Yesterday, I got a strike of chance:  I got three radar notes in my day!  I got the first at the ATM in my workplace in the morning:  EYH2315132  :).  I was happy and I got my goodie for the day.

But on the way back home in the late afternoon, I stopped in an Credit Union's ATM.  There was 2 machines.  In the first, I made a peek:  the machine spit the note AYU1227222, one note away from the radar!  And I quckly made a second withdraw to catch it:  AYU1227221 :D.  And I took a peek at the second machine:  I got the note AYU0535358, again very near from the radar note, which was also easily get;  AYU0535350  ;D.  What that makes this special, is that if I came to this ATMs five minutes lates, I would missed these notes.

It doesn't happens very often to catch two radar notes in less than five minutes from ATMs!  More often than otherwise, it tends normally to be too late and I missed many radar notes by few notes, including more than one 2-digit radar...:(.  But I'm keeping searching and soon or late,  I will surely catch some elusive 2-digit radars which are more than overdue...

Login with username, password and session length