Author
Topic: 2 2-digit radar in 2 days!!!!!!!!  (Read 4658 times)
canada-hongkong
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:32:09 pm »

It was a lucky two days for me, I found two 2-digit radar $20 notes in 2 days. Yesterday, I went to a Scotiabank ATM machine, and recieved a K/D $20 AYA6688866, in VF shape, with writing on the front, and is a little dirty. I got my second radar today at a BMO ATM at Square One in Mississauga. I withdrew $100, and was about to walk away, when I realised it was 1 note away from radar AYR0404040!, of course I went back and withdrew it after 2 tries, next note that popped out was a Bird $20, then I tried again, and out came the radar. The cassettes in the ATM might alternate each withdrawal. ;D I will scan it when I get the stupid scanner to work.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 11:33:32 pm by canada-hongkong »
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 02:04:30 pm »

FANTASTIC!     :D

I too was trying to get an alternating digit radar from an ATM.  After 10 different withdrawls over the course of a few hours, and $30 in service charges  :P , I never got it    :'(.  

I was soooooo bummed out.

Congratulations to you!

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
CJ_Sidewall
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 03:19:48 pm »

Every nice finds canada-hongkong.  If you had been fortunate enough to receive your AYA6688866 from a sequential batch, you would have been 33 notes away from a rotator note!

Kelly, you get charged $3 per ATM transaction?  That's insane!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 03:20:28 pm by CJ_Sidewall »
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 04:19:46 pm »

Yah....I know.....what an idiot.   :P

The ATM in question was not from my bank.  I learned about it from a friend that said it ALWAYS gives out UNC 20's.  I tried it, and sure enough, every note I've ever gotten out of it is UNC.  I also got a radar note the very first time I used this ATM.  It was like getting a hit of heroin!   :o  I was hooked!  Anyway.  Before I could open an account at this branch, the possibility of an alternating radar came up, so I went after it.

My bank charges $1.50 for using someone else's ATM.  The bank that owns the addictive ATM ALSO charges $1.50 for transactions from non-members, thus; $3.00 charge per transaction.

I have since gained my senses and have open up an account that gives me 5 free withdrawls per month.  I just hope they don't chase my out of the branch once they realize all I do is deposit $500 and then take it out from the ATM later that same day   ::)

What can I say?  I must feed my habit!   ;)

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
canada-hongkong
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 06:31:29 pm »

The best way is to hold an account at the 5 banks, leave close to nothing in them, and deposit money and withdraw it again if you know there are new notes.
gtpnxt
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 08:41:54 pm »

Glad to see that I am not the only one that tries to spend money to great an AMAZING RADAR!!!!!!

Long story short - I missed it but not after 3 visits to a RBC ATM in Oakville today !  The infamous note that I missed......... EYK5353535 after starting at 5353081, then 2 hours later seeing the 5353324 theen only to be back over an hour and a half later to see that the Cartridge must have emptied as the note that came out was way off with a different prefix.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

PS: Still trying to top my EF 1975 L-B $50 that I had about 10 years ago (but subsequently spent) while still in high school..... numbered '5151515'!!!!!!

Happy New Year to all!

GTPNXT

Login with username, password and session length