Author
Topic: MAINTENANCE NOTICE - Sat May 23 and Sun May 24  (Read 6254 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: May 21, 2009, 07:44:35 pm »

MAINTENANCE NOTICE - Sat May 23

Please be advised that beginning on Saturday May 23, 2009, the Canadian Paper Money website will be moving to a new web hosting provider. A maintenance window is being declared for Saturday May 23 and Sunday May 24 to accommodate this change.

There will be a service outage. Beginning late Friday night, we will be locking the Canadian Paper Money Forums, and the Canadian Paper Money Wiki sites. You should still have read access, but you will not be able to make any changes or new posts. The forums and Wiki content will then be copied to the new Canadian Paper Money site. Once it is all ready to go, access will be reenabled. Due to the nature of DNS propagation, it may take up to 48 hours for you to be visiting the new site.

You do not need to modify your bookmarks or favourites. Just sit back and relax for the weekend while we do our work and the site will be operational again in no time. If you are able to log in to the site after Saturday, you are on the new site.

If you notice any particular weirdness after Sunday night, please contact me. My instant messenger contact information is in my profile.

If you have any questions about this maintenance, please reply to this post. Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:04:30 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 07:46:11 pm »

There goes my weekend!  ::)
bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
  • Money Doesn't Grow On Trees But is Made From Them?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:05 am »

Thanks in advance Brent!!

I want to take the time to let all forum members know that there is a load of man hours going into the switchover this weekend.  It is not just a matter of flipping a switch or clicking on a link.  So well most of us will be enjoying our weekend, our ever hard working main man BWJM will be investing his weekend into making sure that this switchover goes smooth and with out to many glitches!

So I wish to thank Brent ahead of time for the effort and time he will be working on the site so that when we come back to see what's new here on the forum it will be like nothing was ever changed.  So lets all give a sincere thanks to Brent for all his time and effort he has devoted to making this site what it is today..   Thanks very much Brent!!!

Bugsy

Always looking for more Rotator Notes!!!
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:21:58 am »

Let us all have a pint  for Brentandthe others!   cheers   polarbear
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:25:05 am »

Let us all have a pint  for Brentandthe others!   cheers   polarbear

I think if your free all weekend, you could come over and help cut grass.
 ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:08:18 pm »

I've adjusted the timing of the outage.

The forums and Wiki will be locked late tonight before the nightly backups take place. As the migration progresses, visitors will slowly be able to access the new site. As soon as you visit the new site, you should be able to post to the forums, etc, as it will be unlocked right away. It may take up to 48 hours before everyone is able to view the new site. Some people may be able to access it before others.

As usual, if you have any questions, please get in touch with me.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
gus5pin
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:55 pm »

but will it interfere with my golf over the weekend!  ;D

Denis

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 02:43:06 am »

If you are seeing this post, the forums are back up and running on the new server!

Thank you all for your patience.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length