Author
Topic: Journey $5 HOA radar  (Read 4484 times)
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« on: October 10, 2004, 01:18:51 am »

Hi,

I got to look through $1000 in new $5s today at work and found HOA3661663 in UNC.

Dean.

arjay
  • Time flies like an arrow.Fruit flies like a banana
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 03:44:52 pm »

Here's a story to tell on myself, and maybe a lesson for you all. I scanned this note some time ago, and was surprised to find brown marks on the scan. Turns out I had been eating a chocolate ice cream treat, some of the chocolate had fallen on the floor, I picked it up so the dog wouldn't get it, :-[ placed it on the computer table, and (apparently) placed the $5 on it. Most of it came off nicely with water. Hope you all get a laugh out of it.
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 04:34:09 pm »

Hi,

That mishap is truly unfortunate!  I heard from Ted Bailey at Torex that there is this person in Montreal who specializes in paper restoration and has successfully removed ink, adhesive residue and pencil marks from paper money.

BTW...the stain kinda looks like something else... ;D ;D

Dean.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 04:34:34 pm by Dean »

arjay
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:36:02 pm »

Here's a scan of the cleaned bill. There is a water stain below the snowflake. If it were a truly valuable note I would avail myself of the service mentioned above. As it is, it's a humourous (now) conversation piece. No, it wasn't funny at the time.
canada-hongkong
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 06:20:27 pm »

Here's a story to tell on myself, and maybe a lesson for you all. I scanned this note some time ago, and was surprised to find brown marks on the scan. Turns out I had been eating a chocolate ice cream treat, some of the chocolate had fallen on the floor, I picked it up so the dog wouldn't get it, :-[ placed it on the computer table, and (apparently) placed the $5 on it. Most of it came off nicely with water. Hope you all get a laugh out of it.

Yikes, what a unfortunate mishap. The good thing about Polymer notes is, they're very easy to clean. Dean, would you care to name the substance you think is on the bill............... ;D
arjay
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 07:26:06 pm »

It really was chocolate. The other stuff is what I said when I saw it. ;)
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 07:40:55 pm »

Hi,

I got to look through $1000 in new $5s today at work and found HOA3661663 in UNC.

Dean.

Here's the scan...

Login with username, password and session length