Author
Topic: Large Collection Valuation  (Read 4300 times)
laboss1
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »

I am not a formal collector, but have been amassing CDN Tire Money as a hobby for some time ($3000.00). I know that I have bills from all four decades of the program, but most of the bills are recent issues.

I have not had an interest in looking through the collection for anomaly bills of interest, and have considered selling the money now. Can anyone suggest the best way to sell this type of volume and how to value it?

Thanks in advance.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:17:47 pm »

We've got a few members of the Canadian Tire Coupon Collectors Club here including at least one senior and very knowledgeable member, so I will let them reply when they are able.

Keep an eye on this thread... I'm sure you will get the information you're looking for soon.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jay4e
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:41:15 pm »

There are several resources out there for evaluating your CTC money. A few web sites, including the CTCCC web (www.ctccc.ca) site as Brent mentioned and depending upon which part of the country you live in, I could suggest a Club member that lives in your area and could give you a fair evaluation of your notes. It is something that they would have to see the notes.
With a hoard like that you probably would have a great start to your own personal collection, are you interested in becoming a formal collector?
Send me a PM and I could give you more info one way or the other.

jay4e

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!

Login with username, password and session length