Author
Topic: Post your Canadian Tire Money circulation finds here!  (Read 9839 times)
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:08 pm »

Hi everyone!  Its been a while but I finally got some neat finds worth posting about.  I recently got the chance to look through a relative's pile of canadian tire money that he's gotten when shopping at the store in the last couple of months.  There weren't any replacements or errors or varieties, but there were a couple of neat old ones mixed in.  There were a couple of series 11 5 cents notes and a series 9 10 cent one, but the really cool ones were the series 4 notes I found, a 5 cent as well as a 10 cent note!  :)

It's nothing too special, they are circulated but nevertheless I was surprised to find them.  The oldest notes I usually find from circulation are series 6 notes and even those are tough to find.  Does anyone know if Canadian Tire has a policy on removing old notes from circulation even if they are still in good shape?  Like the BoC has with banks to send any notes older than the current issue out for destruction.

Todds62
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »

I got a nice 1962 50 Cent Gas Bar coupon today....ironically when I bought gas at the gas bar :)
Can anyone tell me if this is a series 7 or series 8 from 1962?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/537/aXhSPG.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/538/Ir1VvX.jpg
jay4e
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 08:46:19 am »

Todd62,

Your note is from series CTC 8!

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 02:17:37 pm »

Today I got a series 13 1$ note with stretched serial numbers!  Unfortunately it is not in great condition but I'll take it.  :)

Also this weekend Canadian tire has distributed these scratch cards in their flyers.  You bring it with you and when you checkout after buying something, you can get 10-100% of your purchased amount back in CTM.  You will almost surely get 10% like I did but I'd say that's better than the standard 0.4%.  So today I was able to get a pretty decent amount of CTM back which included that series 13 note mentioned above.  Even if some of the other notes are common its still a plus since its more commons that I can use to exchange with a cashier in case I see an older note in their drawer.   :)

I'd say this is a good opportunity to get more notes than you normally do and have a better chance at getting an older one or a replacement.

Login with username, password and session length