Author
Topic: Ink Drip Errors  (Read 4116 times)
Rusty
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:50:20 pm »

.......for your viewing pleasure.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:50:47 pm by Rusty »
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:08:23 pm »

beauties.....I love how they are all consecutive displaying the smear getting bigger, definately for my viewing pleasure
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 04:23:12 pm »

Extremely great find :). I was just curious as to where you came accross these nice fives. Did you obtain them from a bank or buy them from someone? If you still have them would you consider selling me just one? Please let me know via this post. Thanks, Rob.
Rusty
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 06:40:33 am »

Hi, thanks to Oli and Nova for your compliments. I still have these notes, but am NOT interested in selling at this time. I found these in a bank bundle a few years back. There was about fifteen of them in total with the "drip" , but the others were so faint I spent them. Coincidentally, I submitted this picture to Terry Campbell of Canadian Coin News a while back and he published a large photo of them with his comments......something to the effect that the "error" didn't add to their value. I still disagree with his assessment. and have never seen, or heard of, a similar run of notes like this.
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 09:12:57 pm »

They published that their were not real errors? In my opinion they are, and beauties at that. I would categorize as under an inksmear error, though i would understand if someone would say that they are just ink drips. Still the fact that the notes are UNC, the drips are large (also in a noticable spot on the note) and the fact the drip occurs on several consecutive notes makes in a nice collectable error. If those were listed on ebay, they would fetch a nice little profit. That's just my opinion.

oli
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:21:58 pm »

Here you see the front of BEY8711722 FP 62 BP 73 and back of 8711723, both sharing a little drip of black ink.

Found two other sets of notes as these with the drip on another spot of the note, and also slightly less significant.

I think I'm gonna have Swiss Chalet for lunch tommorrow.  ;)

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian

Login with username, password and session length