Author
Topic: Fakes 20's downtown Toronto  (Read 8138 times)
Richess
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:57:34 am »

I got a fake twenty in a bank machine today.    :o  The first thing I do when I get bills from an ATM is count and examine them.  And sure enough out of a whole $40.00 I got a one fake twenty.  What caught my attention beside the horrible colour was the print on the letter of the serial number.  :o

Thank goodness I only go to ATM's attached to branches. I went straight over and told a teller and he called over some one else they asked me which of the two machine's I used and the security guard came over and then they just gave me another $20.00 and held on to my bank reciept and that was it.  :)

The bill started with QRW fro those who wanted to know.
Mikeysonfire
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:47:49 pm »

Wow  :o I would think the bank would look over the notes before putting them into the ATM machine...  :-/
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:38:18 pm »

I'm surprised they exchanged the $20 for it as they can be very sticky about fakes, and esp reimbursement (unless you get it directly from a teller's hand).  

That's what so awful about being stuck with one.  They don't term it "being stuck" for no reason, as the person who holds it usually is the one who loses their money.  

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »

I'm surprised they exchanged the $20 for it as they can be very sticky about fakes, and esp reimbursement (unless you get it directly from a teller's hand).  

Does a bank want good or bad PR?  Just think what would happen to the bank.  They have to know their client too.  Lots of factors go into play when they make a decision like that.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
hanmer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 03:48:37 pm »

It costs more to get a new customer, than it does to keep a customer. For $20 bucks I would think that would've been a no brainer for the Bank Manager. As you said in an earlier post, you are lucky it was during regular business hours.

[smiley=beer.gif]

:)
Canuck2010
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:13:01 pm »

I had this happen outside of bank hours a few years ago. I went into the branch the next day, and they exchanged the bill without any problems. Of course, I was a customer of that bank, but not that branch, and they did swipe my client card so they instantly could tell how much business I had with them.

Login with username, password and session length