Author
Topic: Journey Series Replacements - Truth's, Myth's and Misconceptions  (Read 20612 times)
Jokered
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 08:37:50 pm »

With all due respect Jokerid, the actual numbers found by brickers are not "opinions".  The ranges may resemble opinons, because we cannot get an actual confirmation from the BoC, however, they are backed up by countless hours of research, and mounds of data - which supports the claim.  Just as  importantly, the data does not contradict claims made (this is an easy acid test for false claims, when analysing the numbers and FP/BP combos).
The only matter of opinion comes when determining the range size, and any opinion on this should be closely backed up with  substantial research, and also be reflective of the current findings.  Thus, the important of all virgin brick information.

Hello Hudson A B,

Have I been out of line with my comments? Sorry if I did, but I will not stop questioning issues about one of my favorite hobbies. At this point you did not help in changing my point of view about the new replacement notes issue because:

1) There is no official confirmation of these replacement notes by the BoC;
2) Sometimes even honest and rigourously driven research can lead to erroneous conclusions; (although it may not be the case here, I still have to rely on this dependency to get to these notes which was not the case for the X's notes)
3) There is still an opinion being made for the range, one fact that the research seemingly cannot proove;

But I will read the articles you suggested thanks!

Jokered

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 10:43:16 pm »

Have I been out of line with my comments? Sorry if I did, but I will not stop questioning issues about one of my favorite hobbies. At this point you did not help in changing my point of view about the new replacement notes issue because:

1) There is no official confirmation of these replacement notes by the BoC;
2) Sometimes even honest and rigourously driven research can lead to erroneous conclusions; (although it may not be the case here, I still have to rely on this dependency to get to these notes which was not the case for the X's notes)
3) There is still an opinion being made for the range, one fact that the research seemingly cannot proove;

But I will read the articles you suggested thanks!

Hi Jokered - no there is nothing out of line with your comments and concern, for they are valid, and are important so that can all be refreshed on what is what, when it comes to inserts.

To answer your concerns,
a) there will never be a confirmation from the Bank of Canada with regards to precise insert note ranges, since the notes are printed by companies not owned by the BoC.  Furthermore, the printing companies are not even bound to print the full 10,000,000 notes in a prefix. They can truly start and stop wherever they please, since the BoC contracts them out for AMOUNT of money, not any certain point of ranges.
However, as you will see in the articles, they ahve confirmed the existance of the replacements.  This is something undeniable, but since the brick packaging is done pre-BoC, they would not have that information anyway (Unless they were messing with the bricks themselves, which HAS happened in the past).
b) The whole insert note section of the hobby has the forenote that ranges are based on best available data.  And the data is based on the findings washed through the acid test of the matrix.   "Erroneous conclusions" stated as such, in the insert world, with the knowledge of the matricies, is actually, "Incomplete conclusions, matched to the highest standard based on the matricies".   In human terms, it means, yes they might not be precisely accurate, but it does not mean that an area is reported as an insert when it is really NOT.  The converse is true though --  inserts are all reported on file to be regular notes, until their findings have been substantiated by a number of claims.

c) Your point 3 is correct - but the opinion is based on the matrix, and samples of 10s of thousands of notes being run through the matrrix, providing us with a measure of accuracy that science can only dream to hold.

So, my point is NOT to discourage questions, but rather, to encourage questions and research, and careful statements of hypothesis, as opposed to loose and inaccurate statements about inserts.  The latter of course is why such a vigorous process is in place.

Please understand I meant no offense in my earlier post. I welcome all questions and comments.

Thank you for reading into the matrix research.

God Bless-

Hudson
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:33:13 pm by BWJM »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 01:31:55 am »

As a note of point, since it has been quite some time since I wrote the original article... I will be taking the time in the near future to update it with all the new information we have learned in the last year and a half, and also expand on the issue of mini-reams.

Hudson, I will be in touch with you regarding this matter.

Thank You!

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 03:35:11 am »

As a note of point, since it has been quite some time since I wrote the original article... I will be taking the time in the near future to update it with all the new information we have learned in the last year and a half, and also expand on the issue of mini-reams.

Hudson, I will be in touch with you regarding this matter.

Thank You!

I am planning to have something prepared XS, which will include the hows and whys and possibilities, and will also explain Mark M's articles in more brief language.

Right about now, there needs to be a summative document that have the "need to know" facts on it.   

I will be unable to start this until the end of Juse, when I start summer vacation, so hang tight. please.

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 05:12:46 pm »

Can someone clarify or help with this question?

My understanding is that several people are needed to confirm if a certain range is considered a replacement Sheet/Note. Does the BoC ever confirm ranges? As i looked threw the site i noticed that their was a range of replacement sheet notes that were confirmed by the BoC?  Does this happen? The reason i ask is what does one do if they have found and insert range which they know can only be an Replacement sheet note( threw brick searching) but no others have been able to confirm this? Will it fall to the waste side and potentially be forever ignored or do ALL replacement notes eventually (5-10-25Years) get confirmed.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

MG
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:32:07 pm by BWJM »

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 06:57:27 pm »

The reason i ask is what does one do if they have found and insert range which they know can only be an Replacement sheet note( threw brick searching) but no others have been able to confirm this? Will it fall to the waste side and potentially be forever ignored or do ALL replacement notes eventually (5-10-25Years) get confirmed.

I think most brick searchers have atleast one if not many unconfirmed replacement notes that they have found during their brick searches that no one else has found.  It is likely as time passes they will never be confirmed since the window of opportunity in finding them passes as each new prefix comes out.
It's all part of brick searching.....
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:08 am »

I think most brick searchers have atleast one if not many unconfirmed replacement notes that they have found during their brick searches that no one else has found.  It is likely as time passes they will never be confirmed since the window of opportunity in finding them passes as each new prefix comes out.
It's all part of brick searching.....
FRIEDSQUID

Yes, FSQ is right.  There are many finds that are not able to be confirmed, because of the stringent controls placed on what can be claimed.   And these controls are in place so that erroneous claims do not work their way into the book, or public.

I have some $50s that I have found in 2005 yet that probably will never be realized. *sigh*   but, that's part of the ups and downs.   It also doesn't help that there are only 2 $50 brick searchers in the country (that I know of).

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 11:32:13 am »

Can someone clarify or help with this question?

My understanding is that several people are needed to confirm if a certain range is considered a replacement Sheet/Note. Does the BoC ever confirm ranges? As i looked threw the site i noticed that their was a range of replacement sheet notes that were confirmed by the BoC?  Does this happen? The reason i ask is what does one do if they have found and insert range which they know can only be an Replacement sheet note( threw brick searching) but no others have been able to confirm this? Will it fall to the waste side and potentially be forever ignored or do ALL replacement notes eventually (5-10-25Years) get confirmed.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

MG

With regards to the notes that were confirmed by the BoC, I believe that was a very special and unique situation- having to do with a note that was exposed to media that was out of sync with the other notes exposed to media, so the BoC pretty much was cornered into making a statement pof some form.

ALl other cases I have heard about, the BoC remains silent on the actual number ranges because it is something that is done pre-BoC, at the printers.

Granted, there must be some sort of controls out there where the BoC would be able to bring up a file of the number ranges being transported....   for safety, in the case of a hijacking or theft.

Each super brick has a bag number which corresponds to it's prefix, and series, and those one could imagine can trace the precise serial numbers to the printing company.  However, the bag numbers bear the BoC logo.  Whether they are applied at the printers, as part of their contract, or at the BoC, we do not know for sure...

What we do know, is that the BoC had to make a statement on this one particular case.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 11:49:54 am »

I did go threw a brick of $50 last week, i found the brick to be just as frustrating as a brick of $20. Not one thing was found including radar or repeater. My fear is that a brick of $100 will be the same!?!?!?

Excellent, there are three brickers of $50s.

Yes, for $50s, you can expect to go through 100 bricks (BABN) and find nothing. But when you do find something....  well, let me put it this way, the information of that brick is critically important. Just as much so is the info from the bricks were nothing is found.

Please report those as well, so that we know where inserts are NOT found, for that info also helps substantiate claims.   The $50s especially, since they are so scarcely accessible.

Happy to know  there is company.  

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 11:53:00 am »

but i won't hold my breath on that one!
Haha Me neither.  In the meantime, we can just do our best to provide as much information as possible.  The BoC knows what we do, and the info we have is beyond what they can release to the public, during the course of the note sseries. I found that out during my court case - traced a cash theft using insert notes!!  (I won the case!!)  But they wouldn't even let the RCMP have the information that I presented to THEM (BoC)!!

Sigh. Man I love this stuff.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 10:14:06 am »

Ok so am i reading this wrong?

in the article
www3.telus.net/cc-comp/article/article.doc

it mentions plate number 88F/76B should it not be 88F/67B? ???

Thank you
MG

You are correct, MG

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 09:34:52 pm »

Hey guys,

yes, this article has been kinda neglected with information that has been discovered since it was written. I am finally getting back into the hobby again and EVENTUALLY will be speaking with Hudson and others to get a full understanding of how all the new information fits in and then I will happily do a major overhaul of the article to include all new information discovered.

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length